Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, November 22, 2010

Thanksgiving Treat

So I tried to do a little cooking project with Lucy today. Well, it went ok. I got the idea from Nick Jr. and it didn't quite turn out like the ones on tv, but do they ever. We traced her hands and then I used the hand and cut it out of sugar cookie dough. It took a lot of time so I only made one cookie sheet of the hand prints. I used the rest of the dough to make round cookies. When they cooled I let Lucy decorate them. It didn't go as well as I had envisioned. She wasn't really into it and mostly just wanted to eat the icing. I used regular white icing and died it the colors I wanted. Those also didn't turn out exactly like I was thinking. I think that everyone will like them anyway. I'm glad we tried.

The dough hand prints. Lucy showed off what we used to make the cookies with.


Making her masterpieces.


The final product. No, Lucy did not do these. I probably should blame them on her though.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LAS is getting SO big! Love the hand print cookies, what a great idea!

kristen said...

Adorable! What a good mom for doing something so detailed at her age. We did good to pull of slice and bake. Happy Thanksgiving to y'all!

kristen said...

oops..."off" :)

Anonymous said...

Really cute idea Fran.

Happy Thanksgiving !!!

Gaa Gaa